Best Berry Smoothie
14 Apr 2016 2 Minute Read Article by Trudi Nelson
Blueberries are an antioxidant delight and make for the perfect smoothie. Add yoghurt, more berries, chia seeds, bananas and whatever else you have on hand. In fact, add a dollop of the award-winning blueberry wholegrain yoghurt from Symbio for tummy health and balance and you’ll be on fire all day!
To make the best berry smoothie, you need:
1/2 cup organic milk (or rice or almond milk for dairy free)
1 handful ice cubes
200g Symbio Pro Balance Blueberry Wholegrain Yoghurt
1 banana, chopped
1 cup berries, frozen or fresh – or replace with your favourite seasonal fruit
1/4 cup white chia seeds
1 tablespoon NZ manuka honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
How to make the best berry smoothie:
1. Process the milk, ice cubes and yoghurt then the banana, extra 1 cup of chosen fruit, seeds, honey and cinnamon in a blender until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour into two chilled glassed and serve ice cold.
– For brunch wow factor, serve with a sprig of fresh mint and a stick of skin-friendly cucumber.
– A handful of fresh spinach whizzed in will go down a treat.
– Fresh blueberries sprinkled on top always nice for extra grunt.
– Substitute honey with maple syrup or raw sugar if you like a sweeter smoothie.
– Add extras such as cacao chips, grated lime rind, vanilla essence, cocoa powder, almond meal or other seeds for extra goodness. A halved kiwifruit with skin still on or feijoas whole are a great fibre addition too.
– Serving your smoothie in a mason jar is always fun.